ONLINE Artisan & Sourdough Bread - Let's give it a go!
Flour, Water, Salt & Yeast - and a computer - is all you need!
Eat your way to better health with delicious, home-baked artisan and sourdough bread! It's easier to make than you think and it tastes great and, to make it, all you need is flour, water, salt and yeast!
In this mix of online demonstration class and hands on at-home workshop, you’ll see how easy it is to mix and knead your bread for optimal flavour development, learn about resting, knocking back and proofing as well as shaping and baking. Find out the secret to making your home-baked bread look and taste as good, if not better, than a loaf from the bakery, and you might never want to buy bread again not once you find out how satisfying and delicious (and cheap!) it is to bake your own! See below for ingredients and tools required.*
If you already know the basics, join me for a course on preferments and learn about biga, poolish and sourdough starter!
Next classes coming up:
Artisan & Sourdough Bread - Basics - Everything you need to know
Zoom - Saturday, 13 June 2020, 10am - 2pm
Click here to enrol ($89 at Sugarplum Kitchen).
Artisan & Sourdough Bread next level - Baking with Preferments
Zoom - Friday 29.5., 7-7:30pm & Saturday 30.5., 10am - 2pm
Click here to enrol ($100 with 10% discount at North Sydney Community Centre).
Sunday 21 June 2020, 10am - 2pm
Contact me for more information or any questions.
Ingredients - all available at the supermarket:
• 1 kg white “bakers” flour (Coles & Woolworths, usually 5 kg bag, Wallaby or Delifrance) Plain flour is fine too, if bakers flour can’t be found
• 1 kg wholemeal flour (regular white wings or supermarket home brand is fine)
• NO self-raising flour or bread mix
• Instant dry yeast (either 7g sachets or large container with 280g or similar)
• Good quality salt (fine or flakes, no rock salt, no cooking salt)
• 1 large bowl, 30-35cm diameter
• Digital scales
• Digital thermometer
• Dough scraper (optional)
• 2 medium bowls, 20-25 diameter
• 2 chux cloths