B I Y - Bake it yourself - in 2021
Book a private baking class at the Sugarplum Bakery kitchen in Vaucluse and enjoy the rewards of freshly baked treats and newly learned skills.
Courses run for 3 hours and include all ingredients and recipes as well as a box of goodies to take home.
1 or 2 people - $250
Group of 4 people - $400 (incl. lunch)
Topics to choose from:
- Artisan & Sourdough Bread (Basics or Advanced/Preferments)
- Choux Pastry (Profiteroles & Croquembouche)
- Healthy Lunchboxes (Baking with Superfoods)
- Spring Picnic (Friands, Madeleines & Mini Quiches)
- Shortcrust Pastry (sweet & savoury)
- Scones (Sweet & Savoury Classics)
- Christmas Baking (Mini mince pies & pavlova)
- Pasta for Beginners (classic egg pasta & ricotta gnocchi)
Artisan & Sourdough Bread
Flour, Water, Salt & Yeast is all you need!
Don't miss out on fresh home baked bread, now is the time to join in. Either on site or online, you have the choice.
The classes are a mix of demonstration class and hands on workshop, and you’ll see how easy it is to mix and knead your bread for optimal flavour development, learn about resting, knocking back and proofing as well as shaping and baking. Find out the secret to making your home-baked bread look and taste as good, if not better, than a loaf from the bakery, and you might never want to buy bread again not once you find out how satisfying and delicious (and cheap!) it is to bake your own! See below for ingredients and tools required.*
If you already know the basics, join me for a course on preferments and learn about biga, poolish and sourdough starter!